View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
Akahana Akamiya
A Rose Reverie...

I have learned that some people are unreliable. I can't sew so I buy all my costumes and I make choices of weather I want a costume or other leisure items. My friend who wants to cosplay wants to get costumes too but doesn't want to put forth the effort to save and he agreed to help me on a few things (like wigs, shoes accessories) and he'd pay me a certain amount to set aside each week which kept CHANGING because he couldn't STICK to a budget which drove me NUTS.
Then he kept WHINING about not going out to eat, to movies, or other fun stuff and I told him this, "Cosplayers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost." That is Cosplay's first rule" (Taking from FMA) and so I lowered the budget many times before finally this weekend he backed out from everything, and now he expects me to do the agreed costumes we decided upon as he brought up I need to stick to my end of the deal. I informed him that I will NOT be upholding my end I as have plans of my own he wanted me to add on three costumes when I already have:
  • Vampire Knight: Day Class Boy's Uniform
  • Vampire Knight: Night Class Boy's Uniform
  • Vampire Knight Day Class Girl's Uniform
  • Vampire Knight: Night Class Girl's Uniform
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross: Haine Otomiya Student Council Summer Uniform
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross: Haine Otomiya Student Council Winter Uniform
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross: Imperial Academy Girl's Uniform
    • Vampire Knight: Lolita (Still Doll) Dress (Anime Banzai 2013 formal dress)
The guy doesn't seem to get that Anime Banzai is only THREE Days and I have 7 costumes plus a formal dress. (So that's three costumes the first day, three the second day and one on the third day.) He is currently upset i'm not doing Angel Beats! as I said I would but frankly how I see it, I have NO obligations to do such a thing for him as he can't stick to his word. I understand he wants to go out and do other things which is FINE with me but don't promise me empty things....and then whine he can't do cosplays. He also is upset I won't help him save money either. -_- how I see this one is, save up on your own and you are more then welcome to give me the money then and i'll order it with my debit card (As he doesn't have one) but don't whine to me if you don't have your costume or can't go to a convention because you didn't save for it.
Wow.....sorry let myself go there O////O sorry for ranting
Akahana Akamiya,
The Red Rose Cosplayer
Akahana Akamiya is offline   Reply With Quote