View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
HoudinisGirl

cosplay scam- looking for advice

Hi there,

This is my first post in the forums, so hello to everyone and thanks for having me.

In early August, I bought one of the famous "chesthugger corsets" from Carlos Blanchard of Rage Custom Creations after seeing it linked on Yaya Han's Facebook page. Carlos strung me along for about two months, saying there was a problem with the corsets he'd ordered and promising to do things like giving me a free Xenomorph necklace as an apology for the wait.

It's now been 4 months (corset was supposed to be shipped within 2-3 weeks) and Carlos has not answered any of my emails or my requests for a refund of the $263.95 I paid for the corset. He has basically dropped off the face of the earth. Paypal will not help because they have a 45-day limit on disputes from the date of purchase.

I thought Carlos was trustworthy. He is the Cosplay Director for Florida Super Con and has been all over the cosplay community with interviews and photo shoots. But he scammed me out of more than $250- and I know I'm not the only one. At least one other person who ordered the corset is having the same problem.

What should I do?
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote