View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #4664
Lithium Flower
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Nope. When I went through another sad-sack phase last year I saw a psychologist for 6 months, but that went nowhere fast so I stopped seeing her. I don't know if it's worth looking into, because when I get really upset it lasts for about a month and then just kind of... evaporates, and then I end up feeling inexplicably happy for a couple days before I go back to normal. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that qualifies as anything abnormal though.
I agree with Penny. It would be worth it see a doctor if it's possible for you to do so.

From what I was told by my old doctor and psychology teacher is that depression, in the shortest sense, is when common feelings like anger, sadness, loss, and frustration manifest for weeks at a time (or longer). In other-words it's being sad for a consistent long-standing period of time.

For me I've had issues with anxiety and depression since I was a lot younger then most people even get diagnosed (lucky Emmers) and when I figured out what depression and anxiety was the way I lived my life made sense and I understood why I was like I am. Sometimes I can go months feeling sorry for myself and like a lump of shit on a stick for no real reason or triggered by stressful situations. Sometimes I can go YEARS feeling pretty good. Depression isn't always a solid state of mopeyness. Sometimes there are good days and sometimes not so good days.

So it could be worth talking to someone about if this is how you're feeling.
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
Tumblr silliness.

Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote