View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #4664
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Nope. When I went through another sad-sack phase last year I saw a psychologist for 6 months, but that went nowhere fast so I stopped seeing her. I don't know if it's worth looking into, because when I get really upset it lasts for about a month and then just kind of... evaporates, and then I end up feeling inexplicably happy for a couple days before I go back to normal. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that qualifies as anything abnormal though.
I agree with Penny. It would be worth it see a doctor if it's possible for you to do so.

From what I was told by my old doctor and psychology teacher is that depression, in the shortest sense, is when common feelings like anger, sadness, loss, and frustration manifest for weeks at a time (or longer). In other-words it's being sad for a consistent long-standing period of time.

For me I've had issues with anxiety and depression since I was a lot younger then most people even get diagnosed (lucky Emmers) and when I figured out what depression and anxiety was the way I lived my life made sense and I understood why I was like I am. Sometimes I can go months feeling sorry for myself and like a lump of shit on a stick for no real reason or triggered by stressful situations. Sometimes I can go YEARS feeling pretty good. Depression isn't always a solid state of mopeyness. Sometimes there are good days and sometimes not so good days.

So it could be worth talking to someone about if this is how you're feeling.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote