View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by avataraang17 View Post
Hi, first of all, I want to say that I am 100% not racist. I am a anime and manga lover, and just getting a little help on my first cosplay.

Ok, I'm starting to get ideas about my first cosplay to put together, but I'm a little worried because I'm black. I know there are lots of other black people who cosplay, but I'm not sure if I should cosplay as a black person in anime, or if I should go ahead and cosplay anyone. I just don't want to make a bad cosplay and be totally off. Any help?

Again, I'm not racist at all or anything like that. Just trying to find some help for my first cosplay. By they way, I'm 14 and a boy so you get the idea.
Cosplaying a non-black character does not make you racist. Wear whatever you want to wear and enjoy yourself.

The important thing to keep in mind is that you do not need to 'paint' your skin to try and match the color of the character you are cosplaying and it's inappropriate to do so.

Just enjoy your costume and your time at the convention and don't worry at all what anyone else has to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
As long as your cosplay is accurate and good quality, it doesn't matter if your skin color is different.
Wrong.

It doesn't matter at all even if they have a shitty costume made of garbage bags and rope. It's still okay.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote