Thread: Foam?
View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
DarkBillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdatum View Post
I'm pretty sure it isn't polyurethane foam. I'm not familiar with L200 foam. Plastazote is a brand name of polyolefin foam, and yeah, that's possible. It could also be polyethylene foam, which is commonly found in cheap camping pads and life jackets; though from the photos, I sorta doubt it.

Most of these foams have similar enough properties that they can all potentially work. If you're having trouble cutting it, you might just not have a sharp enough blade. A fresh blade on an X-acto knife, or disposable utility knife shouldn't have too much trouble cutting through it. You might just need to use multiple shallow strokes. Hot-wire tools of course just blast right through it.

thats the point...it was a brand new knife :P

But im gonna try a few things out and see whats the best way....in the mean time ill stick with normal paper and make stuff from that or ill just buy some Plastazote foam(the only foam i could find that was for a decent price and ships to the netherlands) and see how that goes...hopefully allot better then the yoga mat xD

its not like the foam could dissapear....or could it? *cough*21st*cough*

cause it was allot easier finding out what paper/fiberglass to use then searching the right kind of foam

Last edited by DarkBillie : 12-07-2012 at 05:40 PM.
DarkBillie is offline   Reply With Quote