View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

If you can get the community college class thing to work, go for it! That's a great way to learn from people who know what they're doing. You could also take a 'continuing education' class, or one that's not for credit-- I mean, hey, if you really want to learn it, why should it matter if you end up getting a grade in it or not?

Now, if your community college is like mine (and won't let anyone under 16 years of age take a non-youth class without a parent present), maybe it's worth looking into summer programs. The county's Department of Recreation might have a 'summer camps/classes' list where you might be able to find a week-long day camp for fashion or sewing!

Honestly though, I would just pick a project and get to tackling it. Do your research for each part, and take a nice long look through the tutorials section here on Cosplay.com (as well as on DeviantART, Tumblr, and other crafting sites) to find things you're interested in making! The library is a great resource for sewing books too, don't be afraid to look there!

Best of luck!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote