View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #60748
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Uh, pretty much all retailers. Apparently it is easier for kids to buy R-rated DVDs at places like Target and Walmart than to buy M-rated games. As a parent, I followed ratings in the sense that if my kids wanted to see a PG-13 movie (or later, an R-rated movie) I always checked it out first to decide if it was o.k. It never really came up with games though because they weren't interested in M-rated stuff.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. My parents more or less ignored the ratings of games and movies, and determined if they were okay with me by content (after all, how on earth did SSB Melee get a T rating?). Really? I didn't know the factoid about movies and games. I thought it would have been the other way around if there was any difference.

EDIT://

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
That was always how my mom did it when I was younger.

Some people are okay with being carded, some people get cranky.

At Christmas I spend a lot of time explaining ERSB ratings to confused Grandparents.
Yeah, if someone asks for an idea because of age limit, I'll just put the item back. XD It's not worth giving the employee and attitude just because they're doing their job (and in most cases I could just have easily bought it online, but I pick it up there because I'm already there to get something else). Overall, I think it's more or less the parent who decides what's okay for their kid in most cases.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely

Last edited by Fish-and-Chips-Yum : 12-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote