View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
There is a policy (can't disrupt traffic, so its a no no in the dealers room)... but its not like people are going to pay attention to it. There isn't much that can be done to stop them either because it's so rampant.

There's even open space at the sides of the dealer room (and at the back) but people feel compelled to stop right in the middle of the pathway.

This happens at the DT as well and I find i'm often asking people to move.... I feel like a snowplow at times.
last year I didn't make it into the dealers room for more then 10 minutes before closing, so we just said yes if people asked because there was hardly anyone there anymore, and everyone was at a standstill by the door ways anyways because of the bottle effect... but we usually try to tell people when they ask that its not allowed... sometimes if its not very busy we'll let them off to the side, but honestly, if you say no, a lot of people will snap a picture anyways, which annoys the hell out of me... so I don't know what to do half the time... that's why we avoided the dealers area as a whole group this year, and just went in pairs for short periods... less attention that way, less photos asked for... but we had a bad time in AA trying to stop people, they'd ask, we'd say its not allowed, even staff would tell them, and they'd take a picture anyways... and then there's the dealers and artists who want a picture... we usually try to let them take a picture because its not like they can leave their table to go outside and take pictures, but its always something that I cringe at because i know it blocks things sometimes...

As for what I'd like to see... I'd like to see more people being aware of what's around them... seriously... if you bump into a cosplayer and spill something on them or break something of theirs... you better know how to RUN... XP
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Last edited by Rainbowgasm : 12-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote