View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Kokoro
Classic.

Male Kanaya (Homestuck) Cosplay

I'm planning on crossplaying as a male version of Kanaya from Homestuck. She's got a lot of outfits, and I've been dead set on her B&W Dress, which roughly looks like this:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6073/6...7eb2088b_z.jpg
and
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ayabwdress.png (sprite form)

I've planned to wear a black tuxedo vest and a white shirt underneath, along with black dress pants and either a white sash or a white belt, along with a couple of modifications, and I ran into some problems with them.

The couple of other problems were more of questions:

1. The first was that I wanted to incorporate the white part of her skirt into the pants somehow, and I thought to make a part of the pants white, but I wasn't quite sure how to go about doing that. I was thinking of dying white dress pants, but that felt like it could get kind of messy. Are there any other ways to get pants that are black and partially white?

2. There's a noticeable patch of the sign of Virgo on her shirt. I considered using iron on, but the vest I will have won't be cotton or a cotton blend, and as far as I've been told, iron-ons only really work well with the aforementioned fabrics. Are there any recommendations to how I can get that Virgo sign on?

3. I'm not quite sure whether to use the belt or the sash. I was hoping for a general opinion on which would look better in terms of both male version cosplay, and also accuracy to the original.

4. The two green stripes on her skirt I wasn't sure what to do with. I thought to use iron-ons too, but the same problem about fabrics arose. Any ideas with that?

Ugh sorry about the walls of texts. x__X

"Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving." -Dennis Waitley

Last edited by Kokoro : 01-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote