View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoro View Post

1. There's a noticeable patch of the sign of Virgo on her shirt. I considered using iron on, but the vest I will have won't be cotton or a cotton blend, and as far as I've been told, iron-ons only really work well with the aforementioned fabrics. Are there any recommendations to how I can get that Virgo sign on?
Fabric paint and a template of the virgo sign will be your best friend here, I recommend using a sponge brush for the applying and dabbing instead of stroking on the paint since it wont run as much.
Quote:
2. I'm not quite sure whether to use the belt or the sash. I was hoping for a general opinion on which would look better in terms of both male version cosplay, and also accuracy to the original.
Since you are wearing a tux... I think a belt might look nice. Again this is a trial error effect since you are the one wearing it and if you life the sash over the belt of belt over the sash it can be up to you =D

Quote:
3. The two green stripes on her skirt I wasn't sure what to do with. I thought to use iron-ons too, but the same problem about fabrics arose. Any ideas with that?
Fabric paint bro is your best friend when working with Homestuck cosplay I find to do those little add ons and such xD

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote