View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Review: EZCosplay

Name of Product: Ezio Auditore Black Version Cosplay
Where Purchased: EZcosplay
Product Description: Shirt, Jacket, Pants, Belt, Gloves, Cape, Boots Cover.
Pros: Pretty fair cosplay for the price. Quick tailoring and shipping.
Cons: If you don't speak a lick of Chinese you're pretty much out of luck if you need to contact them. Also god awful shipping [almost didn't receive product due to poor shipping service.] Shady review system on their website. All reviews must be approved by them first so they can keep people from seeing their negative reviews which would be more helpful to buyers.

Overall Rating: 7. Would suggest looking into other more legitimate cosplay sites if you have the option.

Detailed Review:

I ran into a couple reservations actually when buying this cosplay. One being that I have never purchased from EZcosplay before and nor had I heard the name of the company prior, and then when I went looking for reviews outside of their website my searches came out for lack of a better word-- dry. Not many people had much to say about the company, other than there being a wide worry of the legitimacy of their services. And their Facebook page, although nice wasn't exactly a reliable representation of their business [most of the pictures of the cosplays on there aren't even of their own, so you don't know if what you're going to get is a hit or a miss.]

Hopefully to anyone else that may look up EZcosplay reviews on Google or Cosplay.com they will find this and hopefully it will at least answer some questions.

So to the curious and budgeted cosplayer here is what I think is an honest and detailed review what I've deduced from the cosplay sent to me.

Let me first start out by saying I got this cosplay for a rather cheap price, which EZcosplay seems known for in the way of relatively good pricing. [It was around the $220.00 mark altogether that this came, this including custom sizing, tailoring and shipping.] So in comparison to other Assassin's Creed cosplays this really isn't that bad. Although I should point out unlike most other cosplay sites they charge you for custom tailoring whiles many other cosplays stores usually don't. They do it for free. So we should also keep in mind although this is quite a sum of money, it's still pretty cheap in comparison to other Assassin Creed cosplays, so I pretty much got what I expected from the price that I paid for it. They were very fast to tailor it and ship it however. Which was a very good plus.

I am rather familiar however to the worry of the legitimacy of cosplay products so I had actually contacted the company curiously wondering how accurately their cosplay was to their display picture. Someone named Jaco got back to me and it was quite obvious that they didn't speak a word of English and had probably used Babelfish to translate for them, because their response made no sense whatsoever.

You can see above the side by side comparison of their display picture versus the actual cosplay that came in the mail.

The reason I want to touch upon their display picture is because for the cosplay consumers out there, you're probably aware that the picture they show is pretty much the village bicycle of the cosplay purchasing world; this picture has been everywhere. So it's safe to say that not every site is going to make a cosplay as accurate to the display. And before it's asked yes I did order a custom size from them. I will leave you to decide how you feel about the accuracies of the cosplay.
Personally, I think it makes a good base, but I will need to do many things to this cosplay before it's actually a completed work.

I should also draw attention to the fact they use a mailing service called DHL. Allow me to elaborate how unimpressed I am with their services. A few days ago I was nearly in tears when I saw that my cosplay had arrived in the tracking. Only to find out that their delivery truck had sent my package to the wrong address but wouldn't state where. I had come to find out that the truck never even made it out to my house and that they had sent my package entirely to another location and dropped it off outside on someone's doorstep. Understandably I was crushed, and when I contacted their customer support they had more or less told me I was shit out of luck and there was nothing they could do. They were convinced that the package had been dropped off at my house and that was the end of that. Thanks to the man that received the package he actually came over and gave it to me. After looking online more about DHL I've found they are notorious for this kind of behavior. And if they do reach the right house and no one is home they are prone to giving the package to the neighbors instead.

So all in all I would not trust myself to that mail provider ever again. Or EZcosplay. I bought from them in a gamble to risk quality over pricing. The cosplay is pretty good. But if you can find yourself a better seller I would definitely suggest going with them for a cosplay so intricate.

Another thing I've found is that although EZCosplay gives you the option to review the item for the cosplay, it must get their approval first before it shows up with the other reviews. What does this mean? It means that they can reject showing more honest and any negative reviews against them so other people might not be getting the full and detailed picture of what they're looking at.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Last edited by Monocle_Complex : 12-12-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote