View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
maskedrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
I made that outfit for a child once. I used Simplicity 4669. I used a medium weight fabric and modified the heck out of the pattern. Luckly I had some dress blues to study. The belt was two belts from the Salvation Army; I think I used velcro because of time. Don't worry the pocket sounds more complicated then it is. The difficult part for me was finding the ribbon bar and stars for the shoulders. I think I just ended up modifying a pin I had and wrapped it in red, white and blue grosgrain ribbon. The stars where buttons. If you have an army surplus near you check them out of the trimmings. I hope this helps.

Also, double check your pattern. I want to say old ones run smaller around the waist then modern ones.
I did check the measurements. I'm a vintage 12 and I'm pretty saavy with altering patterns.. I had no intention of cutting this one (it's uncut so I'm going to trace a copy).. I worked with vintage dressforms back in highschool since I guess they were too poor to buy us new ones LOL...

Do you have pictures of what you did for the shoulders?

Thanks!
maskedrose is offline   Reply With Quote