View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
AJ the Collector
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
The thing is about the guest suggestions thread is that most of the suggestions are... unrealistic.
Uh, no, not really. This past year, we actually avoided naming off any overly expensive people and stuck with just popular ones, didn't even name any bands because that's handled by the J-Rock North division. Next to no one on the list was someone they couldn't realistically invite {some of whom staff claimed they've been wanting for years, like Veronica Taylor and Crispin Freeman, and some of whom have explicitly expressed that they'd love to be invited, like Laura Bailey}, and yet we only got TWO people we asked for--two awesome people I hope they invite again, but still. And after this year's con, I went ahead and submitted a list of 25 commonly-asked-for people we've yet to see--and never got any sort of reply from the staff.

It's funny, they can't get popular voice actors with nothing else on their plate for that time of year, but they sure can get expensive-seeming just-barely-relevent writers, foreign pro wrestlers for Cosplay Wrestling, people we've seen at every single AN for years, and someone who has the very unique distinction of once attending AN as their first con years ago.
FanFare Geek Fest 2
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak - Standard {98%} for Homestuck Halloween Picnic and FanFare Geek Fest 2
Totakeke {90%} for AN15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FrostCon 2015
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.

Last edited by AJ the Collector : 12-19-2012 at 01:06 PM.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote