View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Andy_Curls
Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice MacLeod View Post
my first time at a convention was in my Alice madness returns costume. I had almost no hair, no wig as I blew all my money on the costume and ticket for the con, and no makeup skills. Still people complimented me despite the fact I was a really sorry looking Alice. It was my first time out being my true self in public for many years though. I have been out as myself before but got chased back into the closet by bigots. I am a MtF transgender. raised Female for 12 years then forced back to male I have struggled my entire life with my true identity. Conventions allowed me to be free. Now I just got this Lolita outfit and its been7 months since that sad convention I did. My confidence is better but I am not sure I can pull off a Lolita. I want to because my heart is Victorian. it always has been if you seen my steampunk outfit I had at my first steampunk gala in Toronto a few days ago which was my first time out since May. I got a ride to the convention in May but I had to take public transit back and that was a horrible experience for me but I made it home. I think now I would not have it as bad as I am learning how to look a little better. This picture I took today as my first pink Lolita outfit came in today and I was so happy with it. I don't know if I can pull it off at a con but i am going to try.
So, I had the same question here.. youe see, this is the very first time I'm crossplaying, my character is Yue from Card Captor Sakura.. I'm a very girly girl and this character is sirius and the opposite side of me, so I don't know if I can make it.. but all you said makes me feel like my question is silly
Alice MacLeod, I totally think you should use your pink Lolita outfit for a con as you are so happy with it.. I can image how hard the experience you had in the public transport on May was , but I really admire you because your confidence is better now. There are many ways for you to look like a Lolita so I'm pretty sure you are going to do an excellent job!
So if you need any suggestion or something like that, you can ask me and I hope I can be helpful.
Andy_Curls is offline   Reply With Quote