View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Besides brows, practice your contouring and highlighting. Use ash-toned browns, rather than bronzers, which contain too much red/orange. This will help bring out your cheekbones, and even de-emphasize your nose.

I think your eyes are your best feature, besides your skn. However, your eyes look a bit sloppy. Tidying up can help a lot. What kinds of brushes/tools do you use? It might help to start with easy looks, really polish your techniques, and then move on to more complicated makeup.

I would recommend overdrawing your upper lip, make it look fuller, without looking fake. Great tutorials on YouTube for tips.

Finally, practice posing as female. Pursing your lips or pulling a "duck face" looks unatural. Your second pic with makeup looks good, but try tilting your chin away from the camera, to make it look slimmer/smaller.

Don't know if any of this gives you ideas or a headache, as I've never critiqued MtF makeup before...
keep practicing and you will look amazing

Awesome, thank you.

Now, you say "Ash tone browns".... by that, can you give me an example of an ash tone brown? Still kinda new to this, and I think ash, I think gray, and that counters the "brown", so I am kind of lost there. s:

Yeah, I know, like I said, still got alot to learn with eyes. If only I didn't twitch applying to eyes, it could be alot easier. :/.... As for brushes, I will be honest, I don't exactly know what brush is best for what yet. I think I am going to shop around on e.l.f. tonight and see if I can get a better set of brushes and some makeup that might be recommended here, like that ash brown you tipped off to me.

Oh yes, posing is horrible for me, I am still working on that too. x_x... Thanks for the ideas on that too. Will keep it in mind.

Oh, trust me, all help I can get, I greatly, greatly, GREATLY appreciate. Thank you very much. I will take all tips I get and use them dearly.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote