View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Slowly but somewhat-progress on Quorra today. I SHOULD have her torso armour, sans lighting, sewn up by the end of the week. I hope I can press out the side stretch pleather a bit. I sewed seams into the two layers of it and flipped it inside out (I both didn't want to show topstitching and don't have a foot for topstitching pleather on my machine), and now it looks poofy/not flat. My biggest worry is the lighting. My boyfriend's obviously helping me with the LED strips, snap connectors, etc., but I'm not going to know how I can attach the LED strips to the armour until I see them myself, I'm going to have to put a diffusing material overtop, annnnd I need to figure out how I'm supposed to get into the torso portion of the suit when I have lights around my hips, front and back and pulling it over my head is damn hard. I think I'm going to have to make two halves of one hip's circuit and with an inch or two where i can put my fasteners in place. Or velcro on a piece I can put on after getting the main one on. ARGH.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote