View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #515
claudillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucer007 View Post
@ Claudillama It depends on whose photography you look at. Some of us use much more than contrast and brightness when we edit our photos.

I see some photographers, including myself add filters to add a stylized look to the photos. I think cosplay photography is often ideal for creating a style, especially when it makes the character look even more like the source it is based on. Like when I photograph characters from Final Fantasy, I use filters to make them look like computer images. I use a software plug-in called Topaz. It has many different looks to choose from, that can be customized to our taste.

The time I put into it depends on how much work I decide to do. Some images that just need brightness and contrast, and some stylizing can take 5 to 30 minutes. Some images have elements that I may choose to delete, like if there are people that got in the background, I might clone them out. Sometimes I decide to cut them out of a bland location, and edit them into so background location photo that I have on my hard-drive. This can add hours to get the edges right, especially if there is hair or fur to deal with.

How long did it take you to get comfortable in editing, and do you have any tutorials out there i can see how you do your editing.
claudillama is offline   Reply With Quote