View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Ivy Sun

Need help please! i have a coat but skirt

so i have made this coat (yes i used Simplicity 2172 as the base and changed the sleeves and a few other minor details) and i plan to wear a corset for the top but im having issues on type of skirt. i want something short (above the knee but not so short i cant bend over. . .been there done that) i have been playing with the idea of a bustle but im not sure as the back dosent split high enough to show it off.
im also playing with an idea of a gathered or bubble skirt with a hoop underneath. like Simplicity 1819 the skirt on the left (the shorter one)

please help!! also jacket is a blue black with a black lining. still debating on the colour of embroiderery work that will be done on it. im trying to go for a steam punk feel but possibly failing as it is my first one. i have a few pieces of jewlery and other things im adding to it to make it more SP-ish but i feel like im trying to do to much to it. I want goggles but fear that it might make it to cluttered and i feel that im trying to go in to many directions with it. If it helps i am willing to post more pictures of it at the current stages and things i have for it.
most of the accents are silver not bronze btw.

foot wear isnt really an issue i have several that will fit this so no worres on that. also would like it done for Anime North in may.
AAAHHHHHH so confused need help!!! please!!

Infinite Pocket Cosplay (previously known as Mad_sew)
"Your costume is my passion!"
mad_sew@hotmail.com

2014 Con line up
Feb- Con G
May- Anime North
Ivy Sun is offline   Reply With Quote