View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #165
Originally Posted by KawaiiCouture View Post
Talk about trouble my friends!
I have owned a cheap singer for years and never had a problem. My father decided to buy me a 5,000$ Phaff on sale for 1200 for my birthday a couple of years ago and he finally paid it off last year. It's horrible. I've had it serviced twice and it's finicky as hell! So I have recently purchased a Brother XL for next to nothing. It is a DREAM! Please someone explain to me why in the bloody hell the cheapo machines that are supposed to be crap work a million times better than my goody goody 5000$ Phaff embriodery machine? Anyone else have phaff issues or own one and can give me some advice?
I've sewn a lot on basic Pfaff and loved them, but it is entirely possible that your issues stem from it being a computerized model for embroidery. When a machine is designed for embroidery it HAS to be finicky to a certain extent, otherwise the embroidery will suck. I've worked with a number of embroidery-only machines and yes, they can be tear-your-hair finicky. Sorta like buying a BMW Z3 and then realizing what you needed was a Ford F150, they are both great for what they were designed for but can really suck when used outside their design.
Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.
My Etsy shop:
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote