View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #62534
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, "Takes a beating and a half" was a big factor in this one. I'm not easy on my laptops; I HAMMER on my keys and basically always will (bad enough that my Dad had to get a collapsible rubber keypad for the desktop so I'd stop making so much noise), so any delicate keyboards will be broken within a few months, my laptop gets constantly moved and travelled with (Like, in a suitcase at LEAST twice a month, moved from one spot to another daily since I don't have a desk to keep it on), I have the lovely/bad habit of eating while at the computer though I try to keep my hands off til I've wiped off any residue, and I'm pretty hard on the my trackpoint when gaming. My old laptop was an IBM Thinkpad from the early 2000's- the predecessor to this one, I think, actually- and it ran just fine, except for its usb ports being just about shot. And, at last, its wireless card/driver stopped picking up most wi-fi and I had to concede defeat and get another.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote