View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #46
Llytix
SHSL Fujoshi

I had an amazing time at ALA! Although yes, Saturday night was pretty crazy with all the drunks on the pool deck and the stench of alcohol everywhere..and some people were even smelling pot? Geez. Another problem, as Chireiyu mentioned was Doki Doki Maid Cafe. :/ I checked to see if it was open Friday evening of the con and they weren't there and eventually came up and said they didn't have an event that day and so everyone had to leave. I went the next day, Saturday, and had to wait in line for at least an hour. I looked in, and they were all playing games and what not. Which is typical, yeah, maid cafes. But the thing is it looked like they didn't have a time limit for how long people stayed in the room so people were staying there for a long time while others waited to get in. After a while, my group just said forget it and left along with a couple of other people in line. So that was a disappointment. Dont get me wrong, I love Maid Cafes. But next year, try finding one that is more structured and punctual, and scheduled and actually pays attention to time management. Also, it kinda feels like the hotel is getting kinda small for how many people were there this year..

But as an upside, Masquerade was really great this year, I had a blast watching it at least! The Starlight Ball was also pretty okay, I had fun there as well.
Llytix is offline   Reply With Quote