View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #62585
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Well, I'm interested in that historical period. And I certainly appreciate that he wanted to make a movie portraying slavery as the brutal obscenity that it is. It's something that has for the most part been *ahem* whitewashed by Hollywood. But just reading books about slavery in the US is tough enough for me. I don't want to see it playacted on the screen. It's just not my thing.
From what I've heard, others think the effort and overall goal of the film; that is the portrayal of slavery as being as horrific as it really was without having some sympathetic white plantation owner save the day, was a good one and could have been successful. But that the film itself panned and was not particularly well done in a way that gained their attention. One review commented that it still romanticized slavery.

Being that these are all second hand accounts I've heard floating around, I take them with a grain of salt and will have to keep my personal opinion neutral without actually having seen it myself and only knowing anything about it through second hand commentary.

That said, I agree with you .From what I am aware of the film IS graphic and I do not want to see that acted out on screen.

Certain acts of violence just hit my limit.Things that deal with graphic depictions of child abuse, sexual assault, and now this film.

It isn't that I don't think these kinds of material are bad, they just contain things I do not want to see.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote