View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #56656
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I've been writing this sort of kimono guide for cosplayers for hours and now it's finally finished! I felt like sharing what I know to those who want to cosplay kimono wearing characters but are unsure about many things regarding it. I got this idea from the countless times I've helped people out here on coscom and dA; I felt like doing a sort of "guideline collection" for others with gathered information about the basic things to keep in mind.

http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...character.html

Hope it will be helpful to some people.
I actually think this'll be super helpful for a lot of people. Especially the left over right thing. I saw a girl do right over left once with her homemade kimono and I really wanted to lecture her so badly - to make thing worse, she used cheap Chinese brocade to make it and we were in the local Japanese gardens... And that was when I barely knew anything about kimono. Erm, anyways... if I could've found this when I started researching, that would have made life SO MUCH simpler. Alackaday, you can't change the timeline. XD

But hey, do you know any good references specific to male kitsuke? Because now that I've decided I am going to do a kimono crossplay, I find I'm treading waters I don't know since I only know female kimono. X_x I've only ever seen a male kimono once and the guy who was wearing was a total creeper so I didn't dare ask him anything about it, and so far my searches have proved rather fruitless since most attention to kimono is on the female side...
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote