View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #352
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
Oh the things that make us shake our fist at Jim Butcher. I'd say, based on the history of the order/group, it would likely be a wool or silk - materials that would have been available back in the day. I've always pictured them as being wool, personally, but I have a love of wool cloaks.

I'm leaning more towards wool, as opposed to silk, possibly a Melton wool? The cloaks are blood repellant (per the beginning of Proven Guilty), but can take damage due to the burning, staining, and other damage you see on the hem in Dead Beat. I'd say its not silk, since, we'll, it isn't quite as impressive or intimidating looking, usually, when in a cloak. Also, silk stains so very easily, and is a pain to clean (magic and protective spells aside).

(I'll keep looking, since I can search "warden" in my app, and pull up all instances of it. Makes looking for references easier.)
I've been thinking wool too! It just makes more sense than anything else. You'd think, as a LARPer himself, Jim would remember to put the little details like that in at least one of the books. Maybe if we make enough noise, he'll mention it in the next one.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote