View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #355
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
I'm holding out hope he comes to Dragon*Con... Highly unlikely, but I can hope, right?

If he does, I'm going to the panel and just asking a bunch of questions about costume design in the books. Because everyone else would be asking the "tough" questions about the plot... But the thought of Queen Mab grilling him on fabric choices and inconsistencies makes me giggle to myself.

Also, I found a place that sells black wool Inverness coats. If you ever attend Renaissance festivals, there's a shop called Moresca - their coat the Carrick is almost exactly right. Just Melton wool, and expensive. Beautiful coat, but my Dresden would melt in it.

And more on topic ish, we got the Sheild Bracelet from our friend who was making it - I'll have to take some pictures of it, since it turned out pretty awesome. And he's now making me a second one with the remaining silver shields, based on the first one Dresden had.
He was there back in 2010. He tries to limit himself to one big con a year and rotate through them. He might be due for Dragon*Con again. If he is, I will so be there. Aside from it being a Jim Butcher panel, I want to see Queen Mab asking about clothing details.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote