View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #77
Hazel Chaz

Food, Panels, Photo Studio, Horrible Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Nat View Post
-Con Suite is awesome for free snacks, and better yet, free breakfast!! It was a little cramped though and it's good they have rules for it, though maybe they could get a bigger room net year? Speaking of food, there needs to be more food options at the con as the restaraunts in the lobby are expensive and not everyone can venture out more then a few blocks out of the hotel, especially at night.
There's no bigger room available on that floor, but we'll look into it.

There was a restaurant guide in your program book. We can't offer more food options ourselves, the hotel only has the places it has, so what's left is off-site. Some places deliver, and sometimes people gather up a huge group to go walking down the street together. Another option, incidentally, would be to take a taxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Nat View Post
-A lot of panels sounded fun, shame I only got to go to a couple of them. I guess the fact that they often start off schedule is good for those who are late, but tends to get disorganized.
We do try to start things on time; the only part we really have a great deal of control over is cutting people off when they run late. I was late to two of the things I was on, for example! We'll try to do better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
I wasn't aware of the free photoshoot only until I had read this thread. Perhaps more signs?
The Photo Studio had signs up, but you may not have seen them. We might want to put a sign out on the pool deck about it. I'll pass that on to our Signs department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubomii View Post
I had a horrible experience this weekend, from almost being assaulted by the security guards to getting laughed at by the staff when I was crying, trying to get a refund for my badge since it was being taken away. Keep in mind that I'm a 4'11" girl, I really don't pose much of a threat. It makes me sad because I worked hard on my cosplay stuff and buying the badges and it was all for nothing.
Yeah.. this was my first time at ALA and my last, but this was just my experience. I'm glad everyone else had fun though.

I hope nothing like this ever happens to me again, I'm so scarred. But I would like an apology from the staff for treating me the way that they did..
This concerns me greatly. Would you please contact me directly? I can be reached here, or as Hazelchaz on Skype, AIM, and Yahoo messaging systems.
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote