View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #93
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Hi, Chaz. It was my first ALA, and I overall had a great time. So thanks for running an awesome event! You addressed a few of my own concerns in talking with other people, which I appreciate.

I did have a couple suggestions for Masquerade to fine-tune things a bit. Overall, my experience was fun, but I thought of a couple things to pass along to the Masquerade folks:

~On tech rehearsals, I never really got a straight answer as to whether costumes are required or simply recommended. It also didn't say anything in the paperwork I filled out. I wore my costume for rehearsal both to be safe and so I wouldn't be late to Workmanship judging, but could they clarify whether costumes are required for tech rehearsal?

~Halftime: It was likely just my nerves, but I felt like Halftime dragged on and got a bit tedious. Any chance of doing videos/slideshows of past Masquerade performers, to break up things a bit? I saw the cosplay videos from prior ALAs, and thought that was a nice touch.

Other than those things and what you've already addressed, I had no issues. Thanks, Chaz!

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote