Thread: ACNE Problem?
View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #42
mqnania
Baller

I have the same issue as well, along with breaking out on my back/shoulders/chest. I love my dad but I unfortunately inherited his skin type. He's over 50 and still breaks out, he ended up having to take a pill to help with his acne issue.

Like others have said, if you can, see a dermatologist. Something that works for one person might not work for another. I'll tell you want I do however, maybe it'll help some.

1.) DO NOT PICK AT THEM. It just makes things worse. Also avoid touching problematic areas as much as possible, and if you have to, use clean hands.

2.) The method for washing I have found works best for me is washing twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed (face and body) with a acne cleanser w/ benzol peroxide (right now I've been using a proactive face wash that's actually been working well for me but I know you said it didn't work). I am also fond of clean and clear w/ 10% benzol peroxide.

3.) ZAP ZIT IS MY HERO it's a spot treatment that has 10% benzol peroxide as well. I actually use it all over my face and spot/area treat on my shoulders/back/chest as well.

4.) Now using all that stuff is gonna dry out your skin like none other, so you wanna make sure you moisturize! I have been using L'oreal Daily Moisturizer for all skin types and it works great. I use it after everything else. If you don't moisturize, your skin is not only gonna dry out and flake and stuff, but your skin will therefore produce MORE oil, which will make you break out even more. For my shoulders/back/chest I use a fragrance-free sensitive skin body lotion. I NEVER put any lotions or anything that has fragrance where I break out.

5.) What you eat effects your skin as well. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER avoid lots of sugar/dairy if at all possible (though I am bad with this part XD)

Hope this helps some D8
Modeling FB Page

2014 Con Schedule:
-Naka kon
-Anime Central
-Gen Con
-Anime Nebraskon

Anime Central 2014 Cosplays:
-Road Kamelot from D Grayman: 75%
-Rei from Free!: 15%
-Waitress Stocking from PSWG: 0%
-Professor Juniper from Pokemon: 0%