View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySiren View Post
For me, your bottom liner is really harsh, especially compared to your top liner. One thing that I've started doing in the morning as opposed to applying liner and smudging it, is using a dark eyeshadow instead. It's a great use for the sponge tip applicators that come with most drugstore shadows. Just get some of the shadow onto the applicator and lightly trace the outer third of your bottom lash line. Then you can intensify it if you want. It makes for a really quick, soft line.

Are you using liquid, gel, or pencil liner? Because I find that gel and especially liquid have a much bigger learning curve than pencil ones. I prefer gel because it's the most versatile and long-wearing on me but pencil liners are great and using them is just like using a regular pencil. Rimmel makes really great ones called Special Eyes or something like that for about $3 and I love them. They also have a great white liner in their Soft Kajal Eye Pencil line.

As for brows, I kind of have really nicely shaped brows to begin with so I don't know how much this might help you but when I actually do fill them in with pencil (I usually use powder but I literally just take some on an angled brush and go to town...), I like to start with a line on the bottom of my brows, then lightly blend by brushing upwards with a spoolie or brow brush. It gives me a nice general guideline. Then if I want to thicken them, I do short strokes in the area where I want it darker and defined. This is, fun fact, also exactly how I draw eyebrows when I'm drawing portraits.

Huh.... that's an interesting idea. I oughta try that sometime. s:.... howeeeeeever, I DO still want to get the hang of liner. Like I said above though, I think my problem is my eyelashes. :/..... They bump me, which makes it messy, and then I have a tendency of trying to.... eh.... work over it. *Don't hit me!*... I know I should rid of it. I'll have to come around and find an idea to get away from my lashes to prevent them from messing me up.

Liquid, and I think I tried cream one before.... or gel, I dunno what you would call it. It's the kind that you unscrew off and dab the brush into the cream-like liner. I'd use pencil as well, but I feel the pencil always sharpens too thick for me. The liquid ones have a really nice tip, but yeah, again, lashes. :/

I actually think .... petrilude was it?..... has an eyebrow tutorial I plan to check out to help hide them more. I have no more days off from work for another 4-5 days though, so I really can't try much of anything else. All mid-day shifts. :/.... I suppose all I can do at this moment is gather my tips, plan my next order, and well.... yeah. s:

I'll also look into that line of liners you brought up. I will be looking into a white liner, so maybe that will be the one I get.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote