View Single Post
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #5377
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So...Anarchy Reigns.

Conceptionally, on a high level, that game is really cool. It's got a good story, though it's pretty ambigeous, the hyper sexualized comic book style for the characters works really well, the soundtrack is amazing and there's a ton of options for how to play the game.

It's a shame it's plagued by a gigantic amount of technical issues. The camera simply doesn't work well and will take every opportunity to get lodged within a wall. The lock-on system will cause you to lock on to absolutely nothing, the netcode is fairly terrible which often causes games being delayed by almost 10 minutes per match due to people perpetually loading in and the menus are complete garbage. I can't count how many matches I lost because I simply couldn't see what was going on. There's a reason why powerstone's camera is top down.

Bottomline: The moments where you're not playing Anarchy Reigns are terrible, but the methods used to build the backbone of the game cause you to not play for extended amounts of time. It's all stuff that could easily be fixed in Anarchy Reigns 2, but that's not gonna happen.

But I won 3rd in the Giantbomb tournament, so go me.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote