View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #692
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
"Oh good, someone revived this thread" said no one.
I know. Everytime I think that people are sensible enough to let it die, it gets dredged back up and I feel compelled to point out AGAIN the difference between stating one's opinion and being obnoxiously judgemental.

For example, this an opinion, "I don't like outside Christmas lights. I think they look tacky. The flashing ones in particular annoy me and make my eyes hurt." This is just obnoxious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arockalyptica View Post
Right. I cannot stand people who decorate the outside of their houses with flashing lights that ALL FLASH AT DIFFERENT RATES AND TIMES! It annoys the hell out of me and makes my eyes hurt. In fact, even ones that dont flash still look tacky. Keep em inside where I dont have to see them .
You can't stand someone just because you disagree with their taste in Christmas decorations? Really? You have the right to tell people not to decorate the outside of their own house because you don't want to see it? Really?

This is an opinion: "I don't like when people do gender bent characters. I don't get why they don't just cross play the character." Fair enough. But this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arockalyptica View Post
Just crossplay if u wanna dress up as that character or dont cospay them, simple! (That applies to u aswell Ciel ballgown )
You're telling people how they should cosplay? Are you the Director of the International Cosplay Regulations committee?

Similarly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by esclarmonde View Post
I hate when someone does a cosplay that doesn't fit his/her body type and defends it with "omg you're attacking me only because I'm fat/thin/tall/short/whatever".
You are absolutely entitled to have that opinion. But this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esclarmonde View Post
Learn to cosplay according to your body type and that sometimes making an alteration so that the cosplay is more flattering looks way better than 100% accuracy. If you don't and someone tells you that the cosplay isn't flattering for your body type, even if it's well made... well, learn to deal with it.
In your own words, NO. You do not get to tell people what to do. And while legally you have the right to tell someone that their costume is unflattering, unless your opinion has been specifically solicited, only a jerk would tell someone that they look bad. However I do agree that people should learn how to deal with criticism of all kinds. Because, as evidenced by this thead, clearly the world is full of people who behave like jerks.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote