View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #708
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
Originally Posted by esclarmonde View Post
@The Hag, you're right, I was referring to when someone posts pictures asking for critique for the costume; I forgot to make it explicit because I was focusing on finding the right words, my bad.

I won't absolutely do that in public or about a photo who doesn't explicitly request critique. Especially not if the picture has been uploaded in a place that the person(s) in it doesn't visit, by someone else. That's beyond rude.

About the genderbent characters: I'm always curious to know why someone would do it and reading the discussions here often I find interesting explanations. I don't "get" it, rather than get annoyed by it.
Thank you for clarifying. (: I agree - if someone asks your opinion you should be honest. I have seen people post pictures asking for critique and then get defensive if anyone offers any kind of advice. I suspect that they really just wanted everyone to say how awesome they are and are surprised and annoyed to actually receive suggestions on how to improve. That's one reason why I stay out of the costume critique sub-forum. BTW - your English is very good. I didn't realize that you were a non-native speaker (even though it says so in your sig. Doh!)

Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I dunno Hag, I think you're outnumbered.
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
If she wants to, she has my full backing.
No. A wise man once said, "With great power comes great responsibility." No way in hell do I want to be responsible for any of you. I mean Voltaire, not Uncle Ben.

Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Now hopefully this thread can sink back into the depths for another few months.
Yes. Or better yet, never resurface. In any event, I will now do my part and stop posting.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote