View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Well, there's a few restaurants nearby. There's some inexpensive options (Denny's IHOP, Subway), but the ramen-budget crowd usually overruns them. Spend some time on Google Maps and figure out where you want to eat. There's a lot of places to choose from.

If you're staying at the Westin Bonaventure, their 6-floor lobby is a mini-mall with a Subway, karaoke, and other restaurants both expensive and mom-and-pop stands.

There's a Lucky Strike Bowl at L.A. Live. It's an adult couture bowling alley/bar, so there's a dress code and they cost a bit.

Little Tokyo is a $12 cab ride from the area. It's a slice of another country in Los Angeles. Some people recommend walking, I don't. There's a depreciated area between the Financial District and Little Tokyo known as "Skid Row" that's full of homeless and a few crackheads wandering around.

I'm working on putting together a block of rooms and group dinners for everyone who wants to so we can sit around and chat a bit. If you're interested in meeting up, send me a PM and we'll keep in touch!
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote