View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #2599
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Name of Commissioner: Cosmonde
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/Cos-Monde?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 (They're gone for the Chinese new year at the moment, but should be back sometime by early-mid February. You can still put orders in, they just won't start working on them until they're back.)
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ririchiyo Shirakiin school uniform from Inu x Boku SS; Full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/447526/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Just short of a month, from actual ordering to receiving.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
This was one of the most nervewracking costumes for me to get, since it was vital to how my plans for the year would go and is unlike any costume I've had before. Now, as a backstory, this is my 4th time ordering from this seller. They have always been phenomenal, however, this time fell short of my expectations of them.

The first minor complaint I have is that I never received an email of when it was shipped. This seems really silly to worry about, and I think this is really just a matter of them rushing to get every order through so that they can celebrate the Chinese new year, so I won't give them a penalty for that.

I'll also say that quality isn't and has never been an issue. They never cease to stun me with getting such minor little details right in their costumes, and all of them are absolutely perfect quality-wise. What they have always had a problem with is sizing, and this is my worst experience with it yet.

The jumper skirt is far too tight at the bottom, and somehow loose at the top. The shirt fits perfectly, and the cravat is really tight around my neck. I had to seriously squeeze myself into the costume, and no doubt wearing some shorts under this will be an absolute necessity. I will hand it to them with the length, though; I understand that they did it for accuracy. Just note that the length of the skirt you see in the picture is the length of what you get. As far as it being so tight, I think it's that there is a small belt that goes around the skirt near the bottom, and they just honestly didn't know how to do it without accidentally making it fit tightly. However, it's part of their job and they need to learn how to do it.

Final Grade: B+ The costume is well-made and despite the fitting problems, it's still wearable. It's uncomfortable, but not enough to warrant giving them a bad grade for it. Keep in mind, this is the WORST experience I've had with them so far, and a lot of these things are rather easily fixable and will just take some time and trial and error. What you see in the picture is exactly what you're going to get, and you'll get it in a timely manner, there just may be a couple of little issues for you to sort out afterwards.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 01-22-2013 at 07:37 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote