View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #75
animazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierria View Post
I actually went to every con in Vancouver last year! (2012 including fan expo, minicomi, ar, c/e and akimatsuri)
But honestly I enjoyed going to the others only for the Vendors hall/cosplay (Except fan expo, fan expo was great), but I think the programming was really lacking.

I'd probably rate my experience last year as
AR = Fan Expo > Akimatsuri > Cos and Effect
simply because I didn't feel satisfied with Cos and Effect's Vendor hall at all. I was truly dissapointed ): Akimatsuri's vendor hall was a bit better (perhaps have it split into 3-4 rooms gave the illusion of more content ahah)
Between Fan Expo and AR hmm it's difficult becuase Fan Expo had some really awesome stuff (that was not anime related as well) and ARTBOOKS YES GOD ARTBOOKS. I would be very happy if AR got an artbook vendor next year XD

Minicomi wasn't included due to it being only a one day artist market but I've been going to Minicomi for years, it's great and free! I'd recommend it to everyone.

I'll be going out of Canada to a con for the first time this year so I will have more to compare with when I get back from Sakura Con ohohohohoho

tl;dr lol
AR = Fan Expo > Akimatsuri > Cos and Effect
Minicomi is great
I think I'm gonna go to Sakura con next year haha. Too busy at this point xD Didn't go to Fan Expo but I heard it was awesome. Akimatsuri was kinda boring I guess program wise and the fact that it was only two days. Cos&Effect's vendors hall is kinda pitiful, but I volunteered last year so I can put in a word for it. Can't wait to start cosplaying again!

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote