View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #63603
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
ditto.
Or me. I'm Canadian, so Disneyland trips are even more monumentally expensive with having to fly more than halfway down the continent. Obviously I always wanted to go as a kid, but my parents basically didn't take vacations. Even camping (not visiting grandma at the seasonal campground/trailer park, actual legit camping). The only actual vacation I remember taking as a kid as a family was a trip to Niagara Falls/Marineland when I was six. Fortunately I remember a ton of it and had a great time, plus a bunch of souvenirs. We also went to Calgary (especially their zoo) to visit one of my Aunts when I was two and a half, but I don't remember anything of it, I just saw the pictures. I also managed to convince Mom and her boyfriend at the time to take a day trip to the Toronto Zoo in the summer when I was 15, but that wasn't exactly a big vacation (it's three hours on the highway to Toronto, so it was only a one-day trip). We also went to Ottawa to visit a family member a lot for one year and went to a lot of their museums. Also, yes, I love zoo and aquarium trips, if it weren't obvious enough. XD If I both lived AND drove in Toronto I'd get a season pass to theirs.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-27-2013 at 12:20 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote