Usually our 'vacations' are visiting family too, with some combination of us doing 'educational' things along the way. For example, we drove to see family in Maine, but did it over a couple days (stopping to check out colleges, Salem in MA, a battlefield or two) along the way.
I have been to Disney, though-- with family one time when I was younger, and the second time with the school's band to march in the parade. Lots of fun indeed!
Speaking of aquariums and science centers, I highly recommend the ones in Baltimore! If you guys ever decide to go to Otakon and want something else to check out while you're in the city, those are both great choices (and are close to the con center too!)
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
- Mockingjay Katniss Everdeen: 90% (Prop Design) Nov. 22 Catching Fire Premiere
- Alfheim Online Kirito (Sword Art Online): 1% (Planning) Otakon 2013
- Swimmable Mermaid Ariel (Disney's The Little Mermaid): 15% (Patterning) Summer 2013
- God/"Glow" Tier Rose Lalonde (Homestuck): 4% (Planning) Otakon 2013
- Twilight Princess Link (The Legend of Zelda): 19% (Chainmailing) ???