View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #64111
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
My mom is awesome at sewing. She had me learning how to use her sewing machine at 8 years old.

However, my favorite parent sewing memory is when the bottom of my high school backpack ripped out and my dad sewed it back up using suture thread. Usually he sticks to sewing up people.
That's pretty awesome. XD My grandma was a nurse and knew how to suture herself, but it never got demonstrated (despite me asking if she could show me how it was done). Fortunately my boyfriend's sister is ALSO a nurse and she explained just how sutures are done. I was TERRIFIED of getting them as a kid, but at the same time found the technique rather fascinating.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote