View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #64112
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Well, hello, thread, long time no see. How are things?

I'm just mad as hell right now. There's a really great little place near where I live called the Artisan's Emporium, and basically you rent a space and set up your own little shop and they have people who run the shop for you and you make money, all fun, right?
So since it's $75 a month, a friend and I were going to split it, but now she's invited a few new people in. They're making plushies and jewelry, and I'm making lolita skirts and cosplay items and some other clothing things.
Mine takes up a load more space than theirs, and they're all telling me that 1/4th of a 10x6 foot booth is plenty of space to put stuff.
And in all fairness, I can 'put stuff' there. But I can't DISPLAY stuff, can't put anything that will make people stop and come look at the booth. I'm just going to be the salesman rack in the corner with science-y printed skirts. No one's going to notice them or find them. In the other people's spaces, they can each put more than $600 worth of sell-able stuff. I'd be lucky to fit $100.
Yeah, sweet jesus, that's fair.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.

Last edited by Bodici22 : 02-03-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Sometiems I forget to not swear
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote