View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #5183
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

This is a REALLY minor one compared to a lot of yours, but it grates at my nerves..

I am sick of people acting disgusted and making passive-aggressive comments at me when I so much as MENTION the word Homestuck. Let it be a piece of fanart I like, a comment about the characters, or a potential cosplay plan, I still get treated like this series and fandom is the plague. Yes, there are bad apples in the series. It's because kids as young as 9 and 10 (I know this from my friends' little brothers) stumble across it and find it funny, and, in general, a lot of the fans are teenagers. Teenagers and some adults act stupid. Then there's the issue that anybody who doesn't know the snarky and vulgar tone of the series thinks that the fans interacting is people legitimately being rude assholes to each other, and when some fans (stupidly, might I say) act this way towards people who don't know the series, it leaves a bad taste in that person's mouth about it. I get it, I've been there, and I realize they have a bad rep.

But that doesn't give you any right to be rude to me for just mentioning the goddamned thing. If I act rude through the series or because of it to you, talk to me about it, I'll apologize. If I haven't, you don't have any reason to say anything to me about it. It wouldn't be so annoying if I didn't post about it that often, either. I don't, because, thing is, I'm not really all that into it. The characters are interesting (..most of them), designing outfits for them is fun, and roleplaying is nice, but to me, being a fan of it is being actively involved in the series and fanbase. I am neither aside from commenting on other peoples' costumes and having some clothing from the official store. I've said this on Facebook 100 times and I'll say it again here..90% of the reason I even care about Homestuck is because my friends love it. I would not have even started to give it a chance if my girlfriend hadn't shown interest in it. Then my friends started being into it, and I started befriending people that liked it..now it's basically the main fandom and cause of jokes within my group of friends at school, so, to avoid the situation of not being into it that caused me to be cripplingly lonely and left out when the same thing happened with Hetalia, I end up liking it too. I have my reasons for liking it and I've never intentionally been rude to or tried to offend you with anything involving the series, so PLEASE get off my back about it. =_=
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote