View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #5228
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My parents just have supreme finger-flipping profanity-spewing skills when they get angry while driving. Seriously, I god damn HATE riding in a car/truck with either of them becuse they yell at EVERYONE for ANY driving error of ANY degree. Someone's too close to their back end, someone didn't use a turn signal, someone's on the phone, somone's too SLOW, someone's too FAST, someone didn't put on a seatbelt, someone hesitated a few seconds before turning, etcetera. They WILL NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP. The only times they've had a legit reason to scream their head off at someone on the road (with me as a passenger, at least) is three ocasions- one on the motorbike with Dad when a jackass threw his cigarette out the window and it nearly missed the windshield and would have hit dad in the face if it hadn't, two when a guy tailgated Mom while in her cube van (and doing such, she has a big blind spot- she needs to get a "If you can read this I can't see you" sticker for the back) and nearly rear-ended her as a result, and three when a guy nearly t-boned us while cutting us off in heavy traffic so he could weave crazily through a three-lane road at 80 km/h and pull into a parking lot two blocks away... (also, NEVER try and pick a fight with Mom on the road. In that cube van is an arsenal of contractor and carpenter's tools and a just-in-case crowbar under her seat. Last time it happened, she pulled out the crowbar in case the jackass meant it, and the guy took RIGHT off without another word.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote