View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
-Alicè-
-Lost in my own world-

Homestuck Cosplay Skit

Hello! As popular as homestuck is, there's still people who haven't read it compleatly through, or who have little to no interest in reading it, so I was hoping you lovely people could read over this skit and let us know if it makes sense, if it would be something you'd be interested in seeing, the usual jibber jabber We're both experienced in the preforming arts, so that's not a problem, but writing scripts has never been a strong point of mine.

We did adapt some of the text from an actual scene in homestuck (although spoilers, Karkat didn't die) We thought that by adding his death into the script it would create something a little different for people who've seen homestuck and add a bit more of a plot for people who haven't. Make sense? adsjj I'm probably rambling now haha.

We haven't come up for a title for this one yet, so if you have any ideas let me know!

-Karkat is sitting on the stage. Surrounded by dead bodies. Glances over towards them occasionally. He's typing on his laptop, Gamzee responds through the chat client (audio pre-recorded)-
Karkat: GAMZEE. WE HAVE A PROBLEM DUDE.
Gamzee: honk.
Karkat: I GET IT. YOU'RE A CLOWN. NO ONE CARES. QUIT THE ANTICS AND GET YOUR ASS BACK DOWN HERE. THE SHIT HAS HIT THE WHIRLING DEVICE AND YOU COULD BE IN DANGER.
Gamzee: honk. Honk. Honk.
Karkat: DUDE. YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WEIRDING ME OUT HERE. SAY SOMETHING.
Gamzee: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA uh, yeah...I GUESS I'M ALL WEIRDING OUT AT SOME EXTENT TO MY OWN SELF. But it's all cool, I’m chill with it.
Karkat: OH NO. NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU WENT CRAZY. I COULDN'T TAKE THAT ON TOP OF ALL THIS.
Gamzee: On top of what.
Karkat: EVERYONE IS DEAD AND I'M FREAKING THE HECK OUT ABOUT IT.
Gamzee: hehe. So that's were you are.
Automated voice: Gamzee has logged off.
Karkat: OH NO. GAMZEE?
-Karkat stands up, panicky-
Karkat: HE'S COMING HERE. NO. NO. NO. THIS IS NOT COOL BRO. I DO NOT WANT TO DIE. I HAVE TO HID.
-Ducks under table, or under laptop, or behind dead bodies, whatever's convenient and what we can bring on stage, Gamzee walks in a few seconds later-
Karkat: PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. (mumbling to himself, rocking back and forth)
Gamzee: Oh Karkat, buddy, best bro, were'd you go?
-Gamzee gives a wide grin, showing off his pointy teeth before grabbing Karkat by the feet (if he's under the table) or by his hand if he's anywhere else)-
Karkat: NO. BRO. SNAP OUT OF THIS.
Gamzee:I am going to kill you. And paint pictures with your blood. FROM YOUR VEINS WILL DRIP MY MIRACLES. You're crushed bones will make stardust.
Gamzee:Welcome to the dark carnival.

So let me know what you think! We're thinking we might have the lights turn off right before Gamzee's last line, which is why it's separate from the rest, but we're not sure. I have to email the cosplay director and ask if it would be allowed. We're also thinking about having the lights flash back on and having Karkats body be on the ground, but again, we need an okay from the director before we're comfortable adding that into the script.

So! Once again, any help you can provide would be fantastic!

The Little Mermaid - Ariel (95% Finished)
My Little Pony - Rarity (85% Finished)
Blindsprings - Tammy (10% Finished)

Do you have a tumblr? I follow back!
http://musesofspace.tumblr.com/

Last edited by -Alicè- : 02-08-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Missed a bit of stage directions
-Alicè- is offline   Reply With Quote