View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Touhou Project Gathering 2013!

The staple Touhou Project Gathering of Anime Expo 2013!!!!

I can't believe no one started this yet, seeing how big it was last year!

For those who don't remember last year or wasn't there, I was the genderbend TouhouVania Youmu who was late and had the really loud voice. Because who needs a megaphone when you also cosplay Dovahkiin?

Anywho! I decided I should try to host this year's gathering, but anyone is welcome to help! Not going to be a dictator here.

Update for the After Dinner. If you want to attend, PM me your info, and/if your group. I will collecting and compiling a list of everyone to submit to Freight. He is the one who helped a lot and made the After Dinner happen last year. This will ease up on a lot logistical stress for him and the place we are having the dinner at. When it gets closer to AX, I'll send out invitations to everyone. There is though a chance we might hit a cap of some sort... I'll keep everyone updated about that in this thread. When you send a message about it, please include your first name and last initial (example: "Remilia S." instead of "Remilia Scarlet").

Location and time: Just like last years! Saturday, 4pm, Alternate Bus Parking/Last Year's location. Here is a picture with the area highlighted (provided by Access): http://www.flickr.com/photos/accessaccess/8597200176

There as been a new movement lately that is gaining a lot of momentum in the cosplay community. Its called "Cosplay does not Equal Consent". Its a movement that brings to light and fight against creepers and the like at conventions in attempt to make conventions and the cosplay community a safer place. I'm not saying to go join it, and spread the message. However, I believe I speak for everyone that the gathering should be safe for everyone. Regardless of race, sex, age, religion, sexual preference, etc etc. The normal Equal Opportunity idea. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for lewd and unwanted acts. At the spotting of a single unwanted or uncomfortable advancement towards another, sexual or not, or a single, backed up complaint about such. I will ask you to leave, if you won't, I will call security. Even with out "Cosplay does not Equal Consent", I hold these values and ideas in the highest regard.

Like most Gathering Threads. Post what character you will be and if any of your non-Cosplay.com friends will be joining, and their cosplays. I'll keep this updated to best that I can. I, myself, should have a genderbend Remilia Scarlet cosplay ready. More specifically a white variant of her TouhouVania outfit.

Planned list:

-Highly Responsive to Prayers to Mystic Square:

-Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil:
GyrfalconAH64D as Genderbend Sakuya or Marisa
ShadowWind70 as Genderbend Sakuya

-Perfect Cherry Blossom:
x0lgax (DA) as Yuyuko
x0lgax's daughter (DA) as Alice

-Imperishable Night:
Choxie-chan as Chen
jay421501 as Eirin Yagokoro
VanguardLancer as Kaguya
Blue Shift as Reisen
DeafToAllButTheSong (DA) as Wriggle

-Phantasmagoria of Flower View:

-Mountain of Faith:
Durroa as Momiji
It-be-V-chan as Kagiyama Hina
x0lgax's husband (DA) as Aya

-Subterranean Animism:
AlpacaSama as Satori Komeiji
Melancholy Wish as Yuugi

-Undefined Fantastic Object:

-Ten Desires:
SkyhawkTenshi14 as Toyosatomimi no Miko

-Double Dealing Character:
Shinigamiyoko as Sekibanki

-Fighting Games (IaMP, SWR, 12.3, and Hopeless Masquerade):
eBay Sniper Friend as Suika

-Koumajou Densetsu/TouhouVania:
eBay Sniper as Youmu Konpaku (genderbend)
LieutenantGordon (DA) as Sakuya Izayoi
Shiyora as Youmu

-Other Media (novels, manga, artbooks, etc):

Can't wait!

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes

Last edited by eBay Sniper : 06-28-2013 at 01:41 PM.
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote