View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #2613
Nyra

Name of Commissioner: JDScosplay
Website/C.com gallery: [url="http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/member.php?uid=174387"]
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Fem!Prussia from Hetalia: This included her jacket, shirt, gloves, skirt, hat, and cravat.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Ignore my derpy/goofy expression....and bad quality.) http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/a...91758757_n.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First contacted him on the 29th of November with the first e-mail for a quote. Received it in the mail ust today, 11th of February.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This commissioner was awesome! This was my first time commissioning anyone, so I made sure to research anyone and everyone to make sure I wouldn't slip into any scams. I stumbled upon this thread and began to e-mail a couple; I ended up going with JDScosplay because of his very quick response and his beautiful work that I have seen. Within a few weeks of sending e-mails and measurements and whatnot, (May have been quicker if I didn't do so many stupid mistakes. xD But he was very patient.), it was in the making. I didn't get any apparent 'progress' photos that others do get; I only got pics for when the product was finished. For me, I don't mind, but others might. He also can and will make any little tweaks with no problem; for example, Fem!Prussia's lining on her jacket was gold in the reference pics, but I asked for silver and bam; every little lining was silver. When I got the actual cosplay (shipping was extremely fast!), I was amazed. It looked even better in real life, and everything felt and looked professional, sturdy, and it was very comfy! Everything was sewed on from what I can see, and it fit me like a charm. The only small complaint is the hat; it cannot fit my head when a wig is on it. But no matter; it's not an important piece to the cosplay, and I'm sure I'll figure something out. But everything else was just perfect.
Final Grade: A+. Quick responses, beautiful work, attention to detail, and a very comfortable cosplay that will amaze you. But make sure to be a bit clearer on a few things; I learned a bunch from this and I may be commissioning cosplays from now on; the quality and detail are well worth the extra money.
Nyra is offline   Reply With Quote