View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #43
Aeternus

I don't think it's a stupid thing to worry over. People have slightly varying intentions when cosplaying. Some people don't mind cosplaying obscure characters and barely getting any recognition, while others would feel disappointed that their work of art is getting overlooked in a sea of really popular characters. Everyone has their own preferences.

So far, I've only cosplayed once so far and it was a very obscure character - heck, she doesn't even have a name! LOL It was of the Tree Youkai in the fourth episode of the third season of Natsume Yuujinchou, so only big fans of the series would recognize the character. I'd say 99.9% of the con-goers didn't know who I was cosplaying, but I did meet some really cool Natsume Yuujinchou fans like myself, which was nice because the series deserves more love. Even if it wasn't for them, it was a lot of fun just dressing up and walking around like that!

This year, I'll be cosplaying more recognizable characters so we'll see how that turns out xD I'm a little uncomfortable in front of cameras and crowds, which I could avoid while cosplaying an obscure character, but we'll see how I feel about being more recognized...

In the end, just decide what *you* want to do and what you want to get out of your cosplaying experience. Still, I think that if you love that character, you should go for it!
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote