View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #57665
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Man, I would be nowhere masquerade-wise if it weren't for my boyfriend being a musician/well-skilled with studio equipment. He just pulled off a pretty sweet soundtrack for my Tron: Legacy masquerade skit; essentially impersonating Jeff Bridges and his opening spiel on "The Grid", but reworded (he found an instrumental which meant dialogue could easily be recorded over it). And I get the needed intro WITH the insanely awesome music and no worry about the emcee screwing up the timing or tone. But the audience has to listen to it for nineteen seconds before I'm even onstage. Hmmm. I hope that's not too long. With awesome music to accompany, I'd say it'd be pushing it a bit but it's not too long...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote