View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Tino
Cosfag

Labrys's axe (P4A)

So I'm working on Labrys cosplay for a con that is held in September. It's going to be genderbend cosplay, since I don't really want to put myself in a dress (and a friend is doing genderbend Aigis). But anyway, I need a bit of an advice for the prop.

I actually do have a hang of the materials I'm going to use but here's my questions:

- I want to make the blade/s and the handle dismountable (is that the right word?) for transportation. What would be the best way to so?

My height is about 170cm so the prop is going to be pretty much as tall as me. But my ways to trasportation are pretty much bus or train only, and I want to make this prop easily moved around. It's going to be huge but even having the handle and blades separate makes the transportation easier.

- This is more about the materials. I'm most likely going to use some sort of plastic pipe for the handle (I don't know the English name) and either foam or cellular plastic (again, not sure if that's the right English term but it's the kind of 'foam' you use as a caming mattress). I have made quite few bigger props out of the cellular plastic thing (one big sword for exsample) and it looks pretty good when painted and coated. I was also thinking some sort of thick cardboard for the blades? I don't know what material to use for those pipe thingies tho.

Any help is appreaciated. I saw couple threads about this same prop but since neither of them were about my first question so I made a new thread.

Thanks!