View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
tehmuffinmon

Cosplay etiquette?

So, I'm going to my first convention ever tomorrow (Wizard World, here in Portland), and I'm pretty excited.

That being said, I'm the type of person who has the unfortunate habit of completely over-analyzing most social situations. >.> So, for the last couple of days, something in particular has been on my mind -- how, exactly, does one go about taking pictures with cosplayers?

I've had the opportunity to take pictures with cosplayers a few times before, but I've always felt a little awkward about it, not being in costume myself. I have a great appreciation for and interest in cosplay; I'd do it myself, if I had the extra time and resources at my disposal, and if I was slightly less self-conscious in large groups of people. ^^"

So, cosplayers, I ask you - how do you feel when someone dressed in normal clothes asks for a picture with you, not just of you? Is it generally acceptable to, say, put an arm around the shoulder? I never know what exactly to do in pictures, so I'd likely just cram my hands in my pockets or dangle my arms at my sides and feel all stiff and awkward if I didn't have something to do with my hands/arms. Similarly, I'd feel awkward asking "Can I touch you?", especially with my astonishing lack of social prowess, so that's why I'm asking here. xD
tehmuffinmon is offline   Reply With Quote