View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
Darth Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
That is a great idea, actually. I'll work on it this weekend if I have time, next weekend if I don't.

Here's a list I posted elsewhere awhile ago, some of this info maybe outdated, but it should be a good start for you.

These are all hotels nearby, within a mile or less. All prices are for your standard rooms, two Queens or one King, for the weekend of May 31st June 3rd. These are most likely not going to be the rates for A-Kon 24, but it gives a rough idea of hotel costs. I'm guessing we'll see some of these announced as overflow hotels soon, with the con rate.

Across I-35 we have...

The Marriot Renaissance Dallas Hotel

$109 229 per night

Self Parking is complimentary, valet is $15 daily, mini fridges in room. I wouldn't stay here unless they do shuttles, since being across the highway makes it pretty impractical.

Across Wycliff

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Market Center

$119 139 per night

Free parking, free wifi, mini fridges and microwaves in hotel rooms.

This looks like the best bet in my opinion. It's a pretty short walk, and you can bring some home cooked meals to reheat and not worry about ordering in or driving up 35 for food.

Along Market blvd

Fairfield Inn and Suites Market Center
(Part of the Marriott family)

$79 119 / night; One night charged up front.

Complimentary breakfast, internet, and parking. King suites come with a microwave and minifridge.

Best Western Market Center

$73 - 86 / night

Smoking and non-smoking, complimentary breakfast and wifi.

Double Tree Hotel
(Hilton)

$199-209 / night

Doesn't look like this one really has anything special to offer.

Across Market Blvd

Sheraton Suites Market Center

$115 149 / night

Parking is extra.

Courtyard Dallas Market Center
(Marriot)

$89 129 / night

Complimentary Wifi. There's also a Bistro located inside serving breakfast from 6:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Monday - Friday; 7:00 a.m. - 11 a.m. Saturday-Sunday, and dinner from 5:00 p.m. - 10 p.m. everyday. King suites come with a microwave, mini fridge, and separate room.
Darth Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote