Suzie-- I've actually been trying to tackle that same issue too, haha. I'm thinking that layering varios fabrics, like a yellow-orange tulle or organza gathered over top of a shiny red fabric, might be a cool way to do a streak of flame.
Personally, I'm also gonna go with the EL Wire route to add a little extra warm glow, since I'm already buying a bunch of orange and yellow for another project. Might as well make use of the extra, right? *laughs*
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
- Mockingjay Katniss Everdeen: 90% (Prop Design) Nov. 22 Catching Fire Premiere
- Alfheim Online Kirito (Sword Art Online): 1% (Planning) Otakon 2013
- Swimmable Mermaid Ariel (Disney's The Little Mermaid): 15% (Patterning) Summer 2013
- God/"Glow" Tier Rose Lalonde (Homestuck): 4% (Planning) Otakon 2013
- Twilight Princess Link (The Legend of Zelda): 19% (Chainmailing) ???